- 5 eggs
- 1 cup chopped turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup sautéed mushrooms
- Quiche pie crust – see ingredients and instructions below
- Add if desired: spinach, tomatoes, onion, broccoli, peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste, also add in fresh herbs (basil, thyme, pepper flakes, etc.)
Instructions for gluten free pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
In a medium bowl combine almond flour, salt and baking soda. Add grape seed oil, pat dough into a 9 1/2 inch glass pie dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Instructions for Quiche
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the chopped turkey bacon, mushrooms and other desired vegetables in large sauté pan. Place the mixture into the pie crust. Whisk eggs in a bowl, the pour over the top. Place in the oven and bak for 30-40 minutes or until a knife in the center of the quiche comes out clean.
I have always loved breakfast foods, and eggs and quiche have always been at the top of my list. Eggs are full of protein and excellent fat that your brain and nervous system need to function optimally. This is a great recipe, and it even takes out the grain, which we know causes cellular inflammation. Play around with it, and add vegetables and spices that you enjoy!