Raise glutathione to prevent disease, aging, and DNA damage.
One of the most important molecules in the body is something called Glutathione, or GSH for short.
Everybody knows that Vitamin C and Vitamin E are powerful antioxidants, but it has been said that…
GSH is the strongest anti-oxidant in the world and its depletion is a component of every chronic disease or inflammatory condition, including aging!
It’s known as the “defender of the cell”.
Quite the reputation.
Here are some facts on Glutathione:
- It’s in every cell in your body and if levels drop too much the cell dies
- Your cells can live longer without oxygen, water, and food than without glutathione
- Glutathione is 5000x stronger than any other anti-oxidant such as vitamin C and E (known as the “master anti-oxidant)
- GSH is how your cells get rid of toxins
- Glutathione is why you don’t get cancer
- Helps make hormones
- DNA synthesis and repair (epigenetics)
- Needed to make ATP (cell energy) ATP production is limited by the amount of GSH available
With this kind of track record you would think that everybody would be taking glutathione, right?
Well, there are a few problems. You see, glutathione needs to be made in the body. Simply ingesting glutathione doesn’t work all that well because of the breakdown process in the G.I. tract.
A product has to be made just right to stimulate glutathione in the body.
And second, there are many things that decrease glutathione…
- Deficiency in vitamin B12
- Deficiency in folate and/or B6
- Celiac disease and/or other condition that leads to low vitamin B12 (lack of absorption and lack of re-absorption in the recycling of B12
- Low vitamin C status
- Certain gene mutations
- Increased oxidative stress
So, in order to raise glutathione and receive all the wonderful benefits, a complete program is needed.
It’s a program that provides the body with all the correct vitamins and minerals, while also decreasing harmful chemicals and toxins in the body.
And get this….
A PubMed search finds over 2800 research articles on glutathione’s effect on aging.
Are you a person who wants to age gracefully well into your golden years? I know I do. There is too many great things to do and see in this amazing world.
If this is you, then you would be wise to keep your glutathione levels high.
The research shows that GSH levels drop 10-15% per decade due to toxins, diet, stress, chronic infections, radiation, etc. The good news from that list is that every one of those things are under your control.
You have a choice of what you are going to eat, what kinds of toxins you are going to expose yourself to, what kind of cellular cleansing program you are going to stick with for life to remove the toxins you are exposed to, and for the most part you have control over some of the radiation you allow yourself to be exposed to.
It’s all in your hands.
Here is a picture of my daughter and I at the Minnesota State Fair at the tail end of a 13 hour day at the fair. We are riding the gondola, and my wife and boys were in the gondola ahead of us.
We may look a little tired, but we’re still going strong.
And this is what I want to be able to do well into “old age”. It’s why I stay on the cutting edge of science. For you, but also for me. And, most importantly, we put together programs that aren’t complicated.
Just the way I like it.
So make sure you are keeping your glutathione levels up. Get the right nutrients, get the toxins out, and limit stress.