≡ Menu

Is Lead Causing Your Health Problems?

By far one of the biggest problems I see contributing to health problems is chronic lead poisoning.

Although the phasing out of leaded gasoline occurred between 1973 and 1995, and leaded paint was outlawed in 1978, it doesn’t mean that lead is no longer a problem. True, blood levels of lead have fallen, but chronic toxicity is still very real.

Blood testing for lead will show acute exposure only.

Lead makes its way into our tissues very rapidly, especially nerve tissue and bone. So, anybody who was living in the “lead generation” has been stockpiling lead in their tissues for years.

What makes matters worse is that lead can be transferred from parent to child.

It’s actually the #1 source of lead today (for those not alive during the lead generation). Other sources are old homes, drinking water, and lead glaze. Many ceramic dishes today still use lead paint that contains lead.

Other sources of lead contamination include products that are imported:

[features_box_grey width=”75%” + border=”2px”]

[green_tick_1_list width=”100%”]

  • Canned foods (containing lead solder)
  • Children’s toys (due to paint)
  • Vinyl lunch boxes (lead paint)
  • Children’s jewelry (lead paint)
  • Vinyl mini-blinds (lead paint)
  • Contaminated candy imported from Mexico
  • Vinyl and faux-leather purses and wallets

[/green_tick_1_list]

[/features_box_grey]

So, even though the risk of lead paint and leaded gasoline has gone down, tissue levels of lead will continue to be a problem.

According the the journal Circulation in a 2006…

[divider_bar]Insert Your Text Here[/divider_bar]

Nearly 40 percent of all American’s are estimated to have blood levels of lead high enough to cause serious health problems.

[divider_bar]Insert Your Text Here[/divider_bar]

So what are possible symptoms from chronic lead poisoning?

[features_box_grey width=”75%” + border=”2px”]

[green_tick_1_list width=”100%”]

  • Indecisiveness
  • Feeling of being overwhelmed or fearful
  • Metallic taste in your mouth
  • Bad breath
  • Bleeding gums
  • Sensitive teeth
  • Canker sores or other sores in the mouth
  • Floaters, shadows, or swimmers when you read or look into the sky
  • Dyslexia or loss of place while reading, even as a child
  • Headaches
  • Insomnia
  • Irritability
  • Low sex drive
  • Constipation

[/green_tick_1_list]

[/features_box_grey]

Is that list exhaustive?

No, but it gives you a start. The point is that many of the symptoms people are experiencing today are coming from chronic toxicity of which lead is one culprit.

Alright Dr. Larsen, so how do I know if I am lead or other metal toxic? And more importantly, what do I do about it?

The best way to get tested is by a urine metal challenge test. This will give you your tissue level of lead, and not the acute exposure that a blood test gives. If you notice in the above study they used a blood test.

What would the results be if they used a test more representative of the tissue level of lead?

Probably much worse.

Now, to get the lead out is a big subject. There are many websites, doctors etc. that tell you to take this herb or that herb, I.V. chelation etc.

Most of them are doing it wrong.

If you have silver amalgam (mercury) fillings you CANNOT do chelation. The chelation will start to pull the mercury out of the fillings and cause further toxicity.

I won’t go into how to do it right, because it should be done by a trained doctor.

This just isn’t something to mess around with.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment